HSBC GIF Asia ex-Japan Equity
Our Asia ex Japan equity team employs a clear philosophy with a disciplined and repeatable process to generate alpha in the medium to long term by exploiting shorter term market inefficiencies.
For more information on the HSBC GIF Asia Ex-Japan strategy, contact us
We believe there is a well-established relationship between profitability and valuation, and excess volatility in equity markets creates potential investment opportunities.
- Markets revert to a measure of “relative intrinsic value” over time, hence we are patient investors with a strict valuation discipline and longer-term investment horizon
- We believe that focusing overweight positions in profitable companies at attractive valuations will enhance returns
Our process is focused on fundamental research within a proven valuation framework.
- We rank stocks in MSCI AC Asia ex Japan universe according to a combination of valuation and profitability
- We focus on top ranked outliers and analyse their fundamentals, then construct our portfolio through bottom-up implementation of stock ideas
- Continuous monitoring/reassessment of risk at the stock and portfolio level
We have an experienced Asian equity team with strong track record, and employ a clear philosophy with disciplined and repeatable process.
- Teams across four locations in Asia with over 60 analysts and portfolio managers as well as support from BRIC/GEM team in London
- Universal access to Visualiser, our proprietary stock screening and portfolio construction tool
- Continuous monitoring of risk at stock and portfolio level, with a robust compliance framework and internal controls/audit
- Benefiting from the goodwill and strong relationships that come with being a part of the HSBC Group
What are the risks?
The value of investments and any income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
- Where overseas investments are held the rate of currency exchange may also cause the value of such investments to fluctuate.
- Investments in emerging markets are by their nature higher risk and potentially more volatile than those inherent in some established markets.
The sub-funds of HSBC GIF and HSBC ETFs plc are authorised for distribution in Switzerland in the meaning of Art. 120 CISA. (Potential) investors are kindly asked to consult the latest issued Key Investor Information Document (KIID), prospectus, articles of incorporation and the (semi-)annual reports of the fund which may be obtained free of charge at the head office of the Representative: HSBC Asset Management (Switzerland) Ltd., Gartenstrasse 26, P.O. Box, CH-8002 Zurich. Paying agent: HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) S.A., Quai des Bergues 9-17, P. O. Box 2888, CH-1211 Geneva 1. Investors and potential investors should read and note the risk warnings in the prospectus and relevant KIIDs. In respect of the shares distributed in or from Switzerland, the competent courts shall have exclusive venue at the registered office of the Representative in Switzerland. Before subscription, investors should refer to the prospectus for general risk factors and to the KIIDs for specific risk factors associated with this fund. Issue and redemption expenses are not taken into consideration in the calculation of performance data. The shares in HSBC GIF and HSBC ETFs plc have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933 and will not be sold or offered in the United States of America, its territories or possessions and all areas subject to its jurisdiction, or to United States Persons.